ASTM A276 UNS S43000 Angle, SS 420 Angle, Stainless Steel 420 Angles Supplier, Manufacturer and Exporter in India
Din 1.4034 SS 430 Angles, SS UNS S42000 Angle, Stainless Steel 420 Angle, 420 Stainless Steel Angle Suppliers in India.
STAINLESS STEEL 420 ANGLE GENERAL PROPERTIES:
Alloy 420 is a hardenable, martensitic stainless steel that is a modification of Alloy 410. Similar to 410, it contains a minimum of 12% chromium, just sufficient enough to give corrosion resistant properties. Alloy 420 has higher carbon content than Alloy 410 which is designed to optimize strength and hardness characteristics. It has good ductility it the annealed condition but is capable of being hardened up to Rockwell hardness 50 HRC, the highest hardness of the 12% chromium grades. Due to its hardening properties, Alloy 420 is not often welded, although it is possible. Martensitic stainless steels are designed for high hardness and sometimes other properties are to some degree compromised. Corrosion resistance is lower than the common austenitic grades and their useful operating range is limited by their loss of ductility at sub-zero temperatures and loss of strength by over-tempering at elevated temperatures. Its best corrosion resistance is achieved when the metal is hardened and surface ground or polished.
STAINLESS STEEL 420 ANGLE APPLICATIONS:
Alloy 420 is used for a variety of applications where good corrosion and outstanding hardness is necessary. It is not usually used at temperatures exceeding 800oF (427oC) due to quick hardening and loss of corrosion resistance. Examples of applications that use alloy 420 include:
- Knife blades
- Surgical instruments
- Needle valves
- Shear blades
- Hand tools
STAINLESS STEEL 420 ANGLE CORROSION RESISTANCE:
- Less resistant than the austenitic grades and the 17% chromium ferritic alloys
- Good resistance in the hardened condition to the atmosphere, foods, fresh water, and mild acids
- Resistance lowered in the annealed condition
- Best with a smooth surface finish
STAINLESS STEEL 420 ANGLE HEAT RESISTANCE:
- Not recommended for use above the relevant tempering temperature because of reduction in mechanical properties
- Scaling temperature is approximately 1202oF (650oC)
STAINLESS STEEL 420 ANGLE WELDING:
- Not commonly welded due to air hardening characteristics.
- Welding may be performed after preheating to 300-400 F
- Post weld tempering at temperature for 2 hours
STAINLESS STEEL 420 ANGLE HOT WORKING:
- Recommended to bring temperatures slowly up to 1400, then on to 2000-2200 F
- Furnace cool slowly to avoid cracking, after furnace working
- Reheating is necessary to keep working temperature above 1600 F.
STAINLESS STEEL 420 ANGLE COLD WORKING:
- Can withstand only minor cold work.
- Radical forming operations will result in cracking.
STAINLESS STEEL 420 ANGLE ANEALING:
- Anneal at temperatures between 1550-1650 F (843-900 C)
- Allow for slow furnace cooling.
STAINLESS STEEL 420 ANGLE TEMPERING:
- Temper at temperatures of 300-400 F
- Air cool for maximum hardness and corrosion resistance.
STAINLESS STEEL 420 ANGLE HARDENING:
- Soak at 1850-1950 F to quench in heated oil.
STAINLESS STEEL 420 ANGLE CHEMICAL PROPERTIES:
STAINLESS STEEL 420 ANGLE MECHANICAL PROPERTIES:
|Tempering Temperature (°C)||Tensile Strength (MPa)||Yield Strength
0.2% Proof (MPa)
(% in 50mm)
|Annealed *||655||345||25||241 max|
|* Annealed tensile properties are typical for Condition A of ASTM A276; annealed hardness is the specified maximum.|
STAINLESS STEEL 420 ANGLE PHYSICAL PROPERTIES:
|7750||24.9 at 212°F||550 (nΩ.m) at 68°F||200 GPa||10.3 at 32 – 212°F||460 at 32°F to 212°F|
|– at 932 °F||10.8 at 32 – 599°F|
|17.7 at 32-1000°F|
WHY TO CHOOSE HARSH STEEL STAINLESS STEEL ANGLE BARS?
- Corrosion resistance
- Very sturdy
- Easy to install
- Fire and heat resistance
- Rust free
- Abrasion free
HARSH STEEL STAINLESS STEEL ANGLE BARS USED IN?
- Architectural applications
- Transmission towers
- Hoisting and conveying machinery
- Industrial furnace
- Reaction tower
- Container frame and warehouse shelves
- Multi-storied building
STAINLESS STEEL 420 ANGLE DETAILS:
- Finish:Hot Rolled Annealed & Pickled (HRAP)
- Length: 3 to 7 Meters / 12 to 24 feet
- End Finish: Both ends are marked with special colors
- Size tolerance : ASTM A276/484 / DIN 1028
- Packing: Bars are packed in 500 to 1,000 kgs bundles in waterproof HDPE cloth Standard Export Seaworthy.
- Delivery: Within 60-70 Days from the order finalization
- Grades : AISI 201, 202, 204cu, 304, 304L, 316, 410, 420, 430
STAINLESS STEEL 420 ANGLE SIZES:
|Width (mm)||Thickness (mm)||Width (Inches)||Thickness (Inches)|
|20 x 20||3 to 5||3/4"||1/8 to 1/4|
|25 x 25||3 to 5||1"||1/8 to 1/4|
|30 x 30||3 to 5||1.1/8||1/8 to 1/4|
|32 x 32||3 to 6||1.1/4||1/8 to 1/4|
|35 x 35||3 to 6||1.3/8||1/8 to 1/4|
|38 x 38||3 to 6||1.1/2||1/8 to 1/4|
|40 x 40||3 to 6||1.5/8||1/8 to 1/4|
|45 x 45||3 to 6||1.3/4||1/8 to 1/4|
|50 x 50||3 to 6||2"||1/8 to 1/4|
|60 x 60||5 to 6||2.3/8||3/16 to 1/4|
|65 x 65||5 to 6||2.1/2||3/16 to 1/4|
|70 x 70||5 to 6||2.3/4||3/16 to 1/4|
|75 x 75||5 to 6||3"||3/16 to 1/4|
We export our STAINLESS STEEL 420 ANGLE products to Western and Eastern Europe, Saudi Arabia, Bangladesh, United States, United Arab Emirates, Canada, Angola, Argentina, Austria, Azerbaijan, Pakistan, Peru, Chile, Spain, France, United Kingdom, Indonesia, Israel, Iran, Kuwait, Mexico, Malaysia, Nigeria, Serbia, Singapore, Taiwan, Chile, Venezuela, Ecuador, Netherlands, Brazil, Colombia, Ghana, Iran, Denmark, Poland, Australia, Afghanistan, Bahrain, Costa Rica, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, South Korea, Kazakhstan, Sri Lanka, Lithuania, Norway, Oman, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Russia, Vietnam, South Africa, Nigeria, Mexico, Turkey, Hungary, Algeria, Belarus, Belgium, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Italy, Japan, Libya, Romania, Thailand, Trinidad & Tobago,Tunisia, Ukraine, Yemen, Hong Kong, Gabon, China, Portugal, Switzerland, New Zealand, Sweden, Slovakia, Kenya, Lebanon, Morocco, Mongolia etc. We are sure that we also can cover the requirements requested by your company you can email us at for your instant requirements.